Guest Info, Policies & FAQs
Customers will receive 90% refund with 48 hours or more notice of cancellation--10% will be held for processing fees. There is no refund if cancellation is less than 48 hours. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Please plan on being at our office 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
What to Bring
- Warm clothing. Temperatures on the river change rapidly. For your comfort we suggest that you dress in layers: a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, jacket and stocking cap.
- Sunglasses. The sun reflecting off the water can be very intense. You may also want sunscreen.
- Camera and binoculars. You may see wildlife on our tours.
- Rain coat.
- Will I see the mountain? Denali and the whole Alaska Range are visible from the river, but it is dependent on the weather.
- Do you go in the rain? Yes, our boats are covered and we provide umbrellas at the site for the trail walk.
- Is there a bathroom on board? There are bathrooms on the 50+ passenger boats but not o the 15 or 20 passenger ones; however there are porta potties available at the adventure site and at the dock.
- Will I see wildlife? We cannot guarantee wildlife but there are always opportunities while on the river.
- Do you provide transportation from McKinley Princess? No, Princess has shuttles that run between the lodge and town and drop off in our parking
lot. They are located about a 1 hour drive away from Talkeetna.